Saturday, December 6, 2008

Putting on Socks and Pants

Saturday, December 6, 2008
It’s almost 3:00 in the morning. I have yet to be to bed. Being sick for 3+ weeks has messed up my sleep schedule. No worries! I’m doing better now. I just finished the 2 prescriptions the doctor gave me for the bronchitis, and my coughing is controlled enough I am able to sleep when I want to. A few nights ago, I lay down in my bed and absolutely relished the fact that I could close my eyes, and fade off into relaxation without being interrupted by painful, racking coughs. I will never undervalue the ability to sleep again!

Anyhow, there are so many things I want to write about! And at the same time, I’m afraid of turning this blog into something that sounds “whiney”. That is not the purpose at all! As I’ve said before, the purpose of this blog is to “OWN MY 400+ Pounds” and “STOP AVOIDING/DENYING IT”. When I find a positive thing my weight has contributed…you bet I’ll post about it!

Well, my early morning thought that I might or might not expound on later is…”I think I’m ready.” Ready for what? I think I’m ready to give it another try. This is what I would like to happen when I wake up in the morning.

I would like to immediately remember “THIS IS THE DAY” and drink a huge glass of water, and eat an apple accompanied by a shake. That’s all I need. Just a good start and I feel like I could hit the ground running.

Now on to this posts name sake. SOCKS and PANTS. I remember a saying that goes something like this, “We all put our pants on the same, one leg at a time.” Not True!

Now, I’m a really limber 400+ pound girl. I can stand up, and slip my pants on one leg at a time…without losing my balance and tumbling to the floor might I add! However, I do prefer to set down, bend at the waist and slip my pants on both legs at once. This is something I didn’t do before a certain poundage, meaning I probably hit 350+ before I began putting my pants on both legs at a time. But I wonder is this something many other people do, who are a normal size? Or is this just indicative of us obese people? Or is it just me…being weird?

Oh yes, and socks. My niece asked me today, Auntie you have to have the couch to put your socks on, huh? Why…yes I do! Well not the couch per say. I just have to have a setting space big enough I can set down, with one leg propped up. That way I can bend my leg in towards me and comfortable put my sock and shoe on. I then must get up, and switch sides to put the other shoe on. I’ve been doing this for years. I just never really realized it. Wow. Well, tomorrow I will try to put my shoes on without propped each leg up and see if I can. But I don’t think I’ll be able to do it.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

You're too funny. I really had to think about how I get dressed after reading this. This morning I sat on the bed and put in both feet then stood up while holding my britches. I think I do it that way in the winter mostly because it's the quickest way to cover up. Although I do normally put my socks on first.

Cmay said...

Lol...it may be the quickest way to get warm, none the less it puts you into the "two legs at a time" ranks! :D

 
Honestly FAT. Design by Pocket