Friday, December 19, 2008

Mush n' Stuff

Friday, December 19, 2008
First let me start off by saying I’m doing much better now. I can’t pick things up off the floor or lift things too heavy, or drive yet but I can lie down and get up on my own. Coughing still hurts but only happens about once every hour. Today, the thought crossed my mind…that I might be well by New Years Eve!

Secondly I want to post at least every other day, but I’ve nothing to talk about at the moment. I’ve done nothing but set around the house…by law! Seriously, I was out voted on this and have essentially been placed under house arrest! Let me explain.


My living arrangement is really quite blessed. I live with two of three of my most loved souls on this earth. My grandmother, who is 85 years old, and my younger sister who turns 21 Christmas Eve! I live a full hour away from my older sister :::sniffles:::


Anyhow, grandma and Carrie (the little sister) have lovingly enforced the Dr.’s orders the last 5 days. They are absolutely wonderful, and I feel so loved right now.


Grandma, who has chronic back pain (among numerous other ailments) constantly checks in on me day and night. She brings me soup, has done my laundry, gets me pain meds when I haven’t been able to move…and even helps take care of my girls!


Carrie (who is now sick with a head cold) also has been waiting on me. She gets me as much ice water as I can drink, has helped me wash my hair… and the biggy ….she does what I ask/tell her to do for grandma that I can’t do right now. Oh yes…and she has also has been taking care of my girls.


I don’t know how to express my gratitude for all that they have done for me.

2 comments:

Letty said...

I hope you're doing better, now! That illness sounded pretty bad. :(

Cmay said...

aaawww...thankyou. I'm sorry I missed your comment so long ago, but I appreciate it just the same.

 
Honestly FAT. Design by Pocket