Monday, June 1, 2009

Is this what Normal feels like?

Monday, June 1, 2009
In the month of May, I lost 18 pounds without trying to. Not much, if you take in how much I weigh, but it's still a pretty nifty accomplishment (is something an accomplishment if you weren't trying to accomplish it to begin with?), considering I have never in my 25 years lost weight without the aid of a diet.

I think there were 2 major factors behind the loss. First I went to the doctor and addressed the issue of major depression. I got a prescription and as my depression has gradually changed...so has my fixation on food. I'm not out of the woods yet where either are concerned, but I'm on the right path now.

On the same day I went to the doctor, I went shopping. Between the beginning of this blog and then, I had climbed up to 468 pounds! My shopping trip was inspired that day and I bought fruits, vegetables, lunch meat, bread, low cal mayo and condensed soup. I lived on that for 2 weeks without much thought or cravings for junk food.

The third week was food chaos with fast food, candy and a lot of pop. Didn't gain anything back though.

This last week, I almost completely stopped eating. Not because I was trying to...but because the compulsion was gone. I always thought those who boasted about "forgetting to eat" were liars and particularly annoying. But...when the fixation and compulsion are gone...it is quite easy to "forget" to eat. Huh...who would have thunk?!

I've started to wonder..."Is this what normal is?"

I can't remember a time in my life when I was not looking forward to the next meal or time I could eat. So this must be what most normal people experience huh? Only thinking about food when they get hungry? It is a very freeing feeling.

I hope things continue like this:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I love your posts so much.. But you haven't posted in over a year and I was wondering when you would post again? Thanks!

Cmay said...

I'm back...I hope.

I'm happy that you enjoy my stories! Will be posting some new things this week.

Thank you Alex, you spurred me into action where my blog is concerned!

 
Honestly FAT. Design by Pocket