Friday, November 28, 2008

Being Fat and the Immune System?

Friday, November 28, 2008
Well, I'm still sick.

Everyday for the past 2 weeks I've gone to bed expecting to wake up feeling better! Half of that time I woke up feeling worse, and the other half nothing changed:( I've never been sickly, this is getting ridiculous! I just want to be able to get up and get things done!

I woke up today and couldn't talk! When I try to, it comes out lower then a whisper. If I try to whisper, I can talk louder.

My 85 year old grandmother got the same flu! But she hasn't coughed as bad, and has been coming out of it for about a week now. My younger sister had 2 or 3 bad days, and is up and running today.

But me I've been down with this sickness for over two weeks now. And I'm just now beginning to feel good enough, that staying put is beginning to drive me nutty. That said, I still cough constantly, I've got laryngitis and I'm still so congested that doing anything too strenuous completely drains me and causes me not to be able to breath! Yes, yes...that is a symptom of obesity too. But things I can do without breathing heavy before I got sick are now causing me to gasp.

So is it true? Is my immune system sunk by 300+ pounds fat? Am I more vulnerable to disease and viruses right now than my 85 year old grandmother?

How does this make me feel? Sad. Angry. Ashamed.

I'm going to bed.

0 comments:

 
Honestly FAT. Design by Pocket