Saturday, November 22, 2008

Is Taking a Bath at 400+ an Option?

Saturday, November 22, 2008
Early this morning, somewhere between the solitary hours of 4am and 6am I decided to take a shower. Showers…mmmm…. hot water in general just hits the spot and soothes me when I am sick.. I’ve had the flu near two weeks. I’m going on 3 nights without sleep now due to severe coughing fits. This morning, after hours of battling for a few hours of sleep, I surrendered and got up. Honestly, a little cough isn’t that big of deal, but when it turns into an uncontrolled wheezing, dry, breath taking, gagging, hacking thing…it becomes a problem. Especially where sleep is concerned! I’m SO TIRED!

Well, getting to the point, I’m awake too early, because I never went to sleep and I’m seeking some kind of relief in the form of a nice hot shower.

So I’m in the shower. It feels good. I close my eyes, lean against the shower wall, and breath deep. A minute later, I realize I’m not coughing as much or as violently! Mmmm…the water feels so nice and comforting. Wonder if I could….

Without thinking any further, I plug the tub and begin kneeling in the bathtub. I’m taking a bath! I think, I hope.

But at 400+ pounds, taking a bath is easier said then done. There are just some logistics that come in to play. I haven’t tried to take a bath in over 2 years and 100+ pounds ago. Mmmm…After 5 minutes of splashing around trying to get down in the bathtub without breaking a limb, and a few moments of sheer panic later…I’m down.

Once I’m setting in the bathtub I realize just how spacially challenged I was. There wasn’t enough room left in the bathtub to maneuver at all. I couldn’t stretch to the end of the tub to turn the hot water back on, so I was stuck with a few inches of luke warm water. I did think about getting up on my knees to turn the hot water back on, but then I’d have to get down again…and OH SHIT….could I get onto my knees? Could I get out?

I began day dreaming about the coming attraction of yelling for help, and then promptly began convincing myself that I could just stay in the bathtub until I lost enough weight from starvation to get myself out! I mean, I had enough water. Well, I discovered that by rolling over on my stomach, I could then get my knees under me and left myself up. Not that hard at all, but it took some experimenting to find the solution, during which I’m sure my impersonation of a beached whale, was 100% authentic.

Will I try to take another bath any time soon? HA HA HA! Baths are a luxury not reserved for 400+ pound people.

0 comments:

 
Honestly FAT. Design by Pocket